Saturday, April 22, 2006

Baby birds

This is Mama Robin, outside on our front porch. She just became a Mom last week when 3 little ones hatched (that's the top of a tiny head peeping out). I think it's appropriate that she and I are sharing the same house these days as we spend our days doing much of the same things. Now that her little ones are here, she doesn't get to sleep in her nest...which I assume means her sleeping has been affected. Second, she spends most of her day gathering food, feeding them, or making sure they don't hurt themselves. Third, she has to chew the food she brings the babies into bits they can handle. The first two I've been experiencing for 8 months now but just the past two weeks I too am chewing, nibbling, breaking, or pinching bite size pieces of bread, crackers, peaches, oranges, bananas, beans, or anything yummy for Lillianna to eat. this next picture is of one of the baby birds after the Mama left...obviously still hungry.

That's the same face Lillianna gives me when I get up to find something else in the fridge to feed her.

I love my baby bird!

No comments: