Thursday, August 25, 2011

Roy G. Biv

 I saw this awesome craft and knew I had to try it.
Wasn't sure how to do it or if it would work.

It did.

We made rainbows.  So bright and so beautiful.
The very next night I had the honor of hearing Maya Angelou speak and she used rainbows as her theme.


 Quoting scripture from Genesis, she shared that rainbows are a sign of hope.

 And then explained that each of us has the opportunity to be a rainbow
to anyone and everyone around us.

We are all rainbows.

I thought of these rainbows that we had made just the day before.

 Each so obviously different.

 Both so obviously beautiful in their own way.

 Just like us.

 We can all be rainbows of hope to those around us.
You never know whose day you might change, whose life you might touch today.
Just by being colorful, wonderful you.

6 comments:

Shannon Willcutt said...

Oh my goodness! Coolest craft EVER! I am defintely going to to be a copycat and try this with my girls!!

carroll lane said...

Hey Shannon! This was a super fun and easy craft and I loved the end result. It was also super cheap with crayons being 25 cents a box right now. Miss seeing you!

Reeves Thompson said...

wow! love this! i just want prints of your pictures! they would love so neat printed!! love you

Anonymous said...

WELL, IF THAT ISN'T THE COOLEST ITEM OF INSPIRATION AND ART! WHAT A PERFECT TOOL FOR CREATIVITY. lOVE IT AND lOVE YOU ALL SOOOOO MUCH. YAYA..... WAY TO GO mAmA

Joel and Katie said...

Did you tape the crayons to a canvas or paper?
And you just used a hair dryer to melt them?
I think we are going to try it this weekend.
You are the coolest:)!!

carroll lane said...

Hey Katie! Miss you!! So yes, I had the girls lay out the crayons inthe order they wanted and then i hotglued them (quickers than elmers) to the canvas board which was leftover from her party. On high, the hairdryer melted them super fast and almost splattered. On low, they would melt but very slow to drip. Point is, wish i had a fancier dryer with more settings. :) Still turned out great.