Monday, August 15, 2011

Happy Birthday La La!


Dear Lillianna,
I truly cannot believe it's your sixth birthday.  What a joy, what a privilege to have shared each and every day with you as you grew from a tiny baby to my beautiful little girl.  You are such a joy!
You are happy, content, and full of love.  You love your family so much and always make sure we know it with your hugs and very puckered kisses. 
I love this about you.
 You love God and love to pray to Him.  Your prayers are full of thanks, full of concern for others, and full of love.  They amaze me and break my heart at the same time.
I love this about you.
You love to stay busy and make the most of each day.  You love crafts, books, and all sorts of games.
I love this about you.
At six, you still love everything, I mean, everything that is outside.  Bugs, leaves, worms, flowers - you pay attention to the tiniest creatures and observe everything in fine detail.  I love this about you.
You also still love stuffed animals and can be found whispering to them, loving on them, or making them a perfect bed (on top of yours) through-out any day.  I love this about you.
You love to be organized and have often spent over an hour on summer days making up your bed!
You love for everything to have a place and you take extra time to make sure it looks pretty in its place.
(I just wish this would translate to your hair.)
And even though it drives me crazy sometimes, I love this about you too.

You are the BEST big sister any Ellenie could ask for.
You are patient and generous.
  You take time to answer her questions, help her do things, and teach her all your valuable wisdom. 
So many times, you care more about what she wants than what you want.
I really love this about you.

You are still also so sweet and sensitive.
You love your friends and love to make new ones but often are too shy to make the first move.
Moving two times as impacted this a bit as you still feel like "the new girl" but I know this next year is going to a big blossoming year for you.
You are sensitive to others feelings and compassionate to others needs. 
I love this about you.

You are more than I could have ever asked for.
Healthy, smart, kind, funny, beautiful, and sweet.
I love everything about you.
Happy Birthday!
love,
Mama

1 comment:

Joel and Katie said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!! So hard to believe that she is six! Hope you guys are doing well.
Love watching them grow up in pictures!!