Months ago, I saw the cutest idea for a little girls birthday party and immediately thought of Lillianna.
As her birthday got closer, we knew an outdoor party would be HOT
so we decided on a Night Owl Pajama Party!
It was so much fun to plan this party!
Because owls are so popular, there were tons of clever ideas online and several owl products that popped up before our eyes....like this one that greeted guests on our front porch!
Food was easy with pizza, fruit, owl cupcakes, pretzel sticks (to make their nests).
The decor was super fun.
I loved making some stuff that the girls have loved playing with since.
Also, a friend loaned us his fabulous owl collection which added a perfect touch around every corner.
Loved making all the felt owl decorations...I used a pattern I found to make big stuffed ones, flat ones to hang, and as the pattern for the girls to paint on canvas. I also made a few mini ones, decided to fill with corn (we were out of beans) and knew we could have a precious bean bag toss.
One cardboard box later, we had a great game for the girls to play while we made dinner plates.
As a present from us, Lillianna got an owl nightgown (and a mini matching one too!)
that I had made from here to wear to the party.
Hooooo-ray!
The party is about to start!
After a reading of Little Hoot, we were ready to paint our own little hoots...
All the girls had so much fun and did such a good job! (No spills! No stains!)
I always love a good masterpiece keepsake!
Then, after eating it was time for a story...
you know, the one about the full moon and the baby owls that need to be adopted?
Me neither but I made it up on the spot (forgot that detail) and they loved it!
Each little girl received a baby owl wrapped in it's own rainbow baby blanket (see them in the crib), an adoption card, and care instructions.
They were mesmerized!
They were mesmerized!
All the Mamas and baby owls hooting hello to you!
Started to make my own adoption cards, but once I saw these, I knew I could save A LOT of time.
Plus, the poems were so precious and made each owl so special!
Next up, the pinata! We went to a local party store for balloons and came out with this cute guy.
Filled with some candy, gum, and some home made owl stickers...it was a hit!
After this, they had just enough time to snuggle in their jammies
with their baby owls and watch Bubble Guppies. Then, it was time to go home to slumber.
I have to say, the party was a real HOOT!
They were all so sweet and had so much fun.
And a slumber party with cousins was the cherry on top to a perfect time.







6 comments:
Cutest Party Ever!! Love--Erika
YOu know I loved this whole post. That is absolutely the cutest thing ever. Mary-Reed's 2nd birthday is going to be all owls too bad 2 year olds can't do all that fun stuff yet. LOVe it!!!
Thank you! JM, I thought of all my sweet Chi-O friends when planning this. It really was a fun party and even more fun to plan. Can't wait to see MR's pics!
Such a cute party! You are the perfect mom for stuff like this. I cringe to think about what Eliza's parties will look like :). And this is just more evidence that you consider the owl superior to the panda :)
Ha Meredith! I was just waiting for the owl vs. panda comment. The "Night Panda" theme just didn't work as well! Eliza is blessed to have one cool (owl) Mama! Love!
Hootie Hoot! Loved this party idea and all the pictures. You are so creative and fun! I really love the masks too. A panda party wouldn't have been as fun. :)
Post a Comment