This past weekend we had a very memorable event....
Our first dance recital.
Ballet to be exact.
Lillianna danced as a flower bearer in the ballet story of Esther.
* 'Ballet Bun' hairdo was a very strict must. We were instructed to use lots of hair gel and a hair net.
Lillianna heard the instructions so there was no way for me to get around them.
So we used lots of both and actually succeeded in achieving a bun. Even if it was the size of a quarter.
Once it was done and she took one look in the mirror and said,
"I'm not sure about this. I don't really look like me."
Here she is (far left) handing her flowers to the newly crowned Queen Esther at the coronation cermony.
Here she is (far right) doing part of her precious, precious dance.
Love, love, love this picture.
I can't begin to explain how excited, how proud she was on stage.
She beamed. She glowed. She radiated with pride.
She felt so beautiful and loved seeing all of us in the crowd.
She did dance but she did ALOT of waving. And even more smiling.
She was literally the first one off the stage.
She ran down the stairs, smiling from ear to ear and literally jumping with excitement.
She was already so pleased and proud that her Mommy, Daddy, Ellenie, Ya-Ya, & Marshall were in the crowd. I thought she just might burst when she saw two of her best buddies in the audience too.
Thank you for coming Meg & Lillie!
Such a great night, such a sweet little girl, such a precious memory,
such a proud ballerina...and a very proud Mama.

2 comments:
How much fun for Lillianna and the whole family. She looks beautiful!
I love, love, love this post!!
I know you must have been bursting...I am proud of her just looking at the pictures!
Post a Comment