In January of this year, our 7 year old lab, Boone, almost died.
For several days, our usually hyper dog just laid around, didn't eat,
and occasionally moaned and cried in pain.
We were very worried and after several tests, we found out her bowels were kinked
and she had to have major surgery to have them repaired.
Even after the expensive necessary surgery, our vet wasn't sure Boone would make it or that the problem wouldn't come back. If the problem did re-occur, another surgery wouldn't be an easy answer.
So....when I walked into the garage (where Boone sleeps) Monday morning and smelled the worst,
I mean the WORST smell...I was afraid her troubles were back.
I became even more worried when she wouldn't eat her dog food, and called Brad to let him know we would have to make a difficult decision about her future.
I was starting to imagine life with out Boone and becoming very sad
when Boone suddenly produced proof of what was really causing her problem...
Boone had welcomed herself to a very large snack.
She had eaten EVERY LAST ONE of the Easter eggs we had dyed on Easter. Shells and all.
No kinked bowels, just (rotten) egg gas. Lovely.
2 comments:
P.U. But I'm glad she's okay!
I have not laughed that much in a long time!! Thank you for that visual :)
Post a Comment