Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ellenie's official unofficial birthday

One year ago last week, my baby girl turned one.
We were moving to a new town on her birthday,
so we had a small, sweet, simple birthday party the night before.
She loved it.
So did I.
It was a room full of love without all the stress of a big party.


Moving day fell on her first birthday...
and the BSC National Championship Game fell on her second.
Brad and I were celebrating her birthday and cheering on Alabama way out in California.

So we pretended that her 2nd birthday was this week.
She'll never know...RIGHT?!
I got over my guilt that she hasn't had the elaborate birthdays her sister has had
because I know she has LOVED her birthdays...as sweet and simple and full of love as they have been.

So she was the Birthday Princess ALL DAY!
Even with the croup (luckily she didn't feel too bad until the day after) she was very happy.

She got to eat her favorite breakfast,
watch Dora anytime she asked,
& lick the bowl of her cake batter.


The Birthday Princess with her royal scepter.


She even got to open her presents early!
She and her sister loved her tiny Princess carriage, I mean, 4-wheeler.



Her favorite gift, by far, was La La's contribution to Ellenie's latest addiction:
"apdick" or "meek-up"
A little gloss goes a looooong way in this girls heart.
And a long way all over her forehead, cheeks, nose, and lips.

She loved our singing and she loved her cake.
Do you see how close her lips are to the flame?
Well, to my horror, .2 seconds later they collided!
That's right, she stuck her face in the flame!
She did have a cinge spot on her upper lip but nothing a little aloe and some blue ice cream couldn't cure 2 minutes later.
Truly, no evidence of it except on video! (I don't want to watch!)

My dear Ellenie,
At two, you are too cute for your own good. You are confident, snuggly, and full of spirit.
You love your family - you love the comfort of your Mommy, you love your Daddy to rock you, & you love ANYTHING your La La does with you.
You suprise us each day with all that you say.
"I ove ou too" and "I ove ou so uch" have been the ones that melt my heart.
You love feel like a big girl and keep up with La La.
Then the next minute you protest me calling you a big girl,
insisting, "I not big girl, I a baby. I Ellenie."
You love family, chapstick, and anything sweet. In that order.
You love Dora the Explorer and never get tired of her. (I do!)
You love to be barefoot, love to be read to, and love to hear La-La sing.
You now stand at my knees with you arms stretched high,
saying, "Hold you" just like your sister used to.
You are too good to be true.
And we love you.
SO UCH!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

No comments: