Tuesday, August 26, 2008

who knew?

Yesterday a realtor called and wanted to preview the house. Which meant I needed to straighten it and get all of us dressed. I wasn't sure how I'd occupy both girls attention while I scurried around but suddenly they were both content. Fascinated even. 3 minutes....5minutes...I flurried around making up beds, picking up....10 minutes...couldn't believe my luck in even getting to get dressed, brush my hair...15 minutes! They were both having so much fun!
What kept them so entertained? TV? no.... a book? no.... a loud, colorful toy? oh no....
a box of 50 individually wrapped tampons.
Who knew? Lillianna sorted them, piled them, counted them, hid them, found them, lined them up. Ellenie just played with one the whole time...occasinally tasting the plastic wrap.
Who knew.

7 comments:

Jennie-Marie said...

That's awesome! I can see it now, I just hope you got all the tampons up before the realtors got there. Ohh rainy days, loved the visit yesterday. Talk to you later

Caroline said...

That is hilarious!
I remember when I was little, the sink overflowed in my mom's bathroom and each of the tampons puffed up like popcorn. I thought it was so cool.... until I found out what they were actually for! GROSS! :)

Anonymous said...

I can so picture this...I love it! Miss you! love, reeves

Anonymous said...

Wow!!

The joys of living with women.....

Anonymous said...

Previous post was mine. Love you and miss you!!

Brad

Joel and Katie said...

I am SO THANKFUL to hear that other kids play with tampons...it is one of Tilly's favorite pasttimes if she can get her hands on them! They can entertain her for a while. Why do we buy our kids toys?!?!

Anonymous said...

Hey CL its Elizabeth- im unusally bored in graphic design class and found your blog on the mcmasters...this has got to be the funniest story EVER