Tuesday, August 12, 2008

1,2...3 - Can it really be?


Lillianna has her big 3rd birthday coming up - she's so excited.
However, it's in a completely Lillianna way. She's not so excited about the presents. Infact, she struggles to come up with anything. But the cake...oh she has definite ideas about what the cake will look like. Light pink with an orange 3.
The funny thing is I bet she won't take more than two bites of it.
Just like this past Sunday at her birthday party with her friends.
We had a great pool party with her three other buddies who turned three in same month...
Sam, Sarah Laine, and Mary Bibb.
These are our precious friends who Lillianna has known since birth...literally they have been together since they were just days old. So special.

Getting on her pool gear and getting excited (warmed up) for the big party.

The birthday buddies - Sam, Sarah Laine, Bibby, and Lillianna


The best part. Each one with their own cake. I will think of this moment when I remember this party. So sweet, so good, so adorable.

(Who would have thought we could have gotten them to wear those hats?)

We had a pinata which turned out to be a real hit. ha! no pun intended.

I love this picture because again, it's so very Lillianna. A whole bucket of candy dumps out in front of her, other kids hoarding handfuls of candy, and she is absolutely delighted to have picked up the lollipop that fell right at her feet. I love her so much.

Still enjoying the sucker, she's also enjoying sweet friends Lydia and Bibby.

Precious Abby took a break from swimming to nibble on some cake.

Sweet Mary Emma won the cutest bathing suit contest.

The baby girls wondered who made off with their share of the pinata loot.

Ellenie, Virginia, Caroline, and Emma Hensley.

More birthday to come!

2 comments:

Brooke Maedel said...

What a great entry. I cannot believe your sweet, incredible girl is 3! I know this is a bittersweet time for you all as you prepare for the move - soak it all in. I love keeping up with you all through the blog!

Caroline said...

Cute pics. Who made the cakes?