Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ice cream and caterpillars

I love this age....

I keep saying that for one day I'm going to write down all of Lillianna's hysterical, precious, precocious, wise, and nonsense quotes. I keep trying to tell people how she starts a sentence with one thought and finishes with another but I can't always remember the exact quote. I keep promising myself that I'll always remember what she just said because it's so priceless and so memorable....that I'll always remember where we were, what she had on, and the adorable look on her face when she said it. But now I can't remember what she said in the photo above just a few days ago when I treated her to a mini ice cream cone picnic in her room when Ellenie was asleep and we could steal a few moments for just the two of us.
But just now, after she recited EVERY WORD of The Very Hungry Caterpillar to me, ( I didn't know she knew it like that!) we were talking about how caterpillars turn into butterflies and she kept saying that bugs do too. And I kept gently suggesting that only caterpillars do...
Then she said, "Well we have a lot to discover Mom."
That's what my 2 year old just said to me.
How preciously priceless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carroll Lane, I am ecstatic that you are taking this time..... how wonderful for both you but especially Lillianna when she reads about her little self..... I could just scrunch her up in my arms. That was adorable and who knows you may discover that bugs do turn into butterflies!. She is like an emerging little butterfly herself. I love you. YaYa