We played outside a lot this weekend.
We also had some discoveries. Lillianna and her Daddy found two new PETS!
Cara the Cricket & Roly Poly the Roly Poly Bug were found
and kept in her really excellent bug box.
She was so proud.
Then, we couldn't believe our lucky stars when a ladybug was discovered on the birdbath and Lillianna coaxed her to come sit with her.
So when I was little, my sweet grandmother, Yetta, taught me the rhyme:
"Ladybug, Ladybug, fly away home
Your house is on fire and your babes are all alone."
Well, that's just tragic. Is that really the words or is that just my family's version?
Any other versions I could teach Lillianna so she won't be scared for the baby ladybugs?
(i'm biased i know.)
3 comments:
Wow, what a welcome sight your babies were this morning. I wish Lillianna was going to be here when she could be elected Miss Spring... she would win!!! How about:
Ladybug, Ladybug, fly away home,
Popcorn is waiting - let's go eat some!
I'll think about this! I think about you all the time. MaMa
Let's try: Ladybug,Ladybug, fly away home,
Your babies are crying - they feel all alone.
OR
Ladybug, Ladybug, fly away home,
messy hair, messy hair, You need a comb.
OR
Ladybug, Ladybug, fly away home, You better eat right or you will succum.
not sure I can be of help with the ladybug poem but...it was great to see the girls today
Post a Comment