Monday, October 14, 2013

This Magic Moment

This is just a little about the most wonderful day.

This is me and my girls with two other awesome adoptive Moms.  I just met both here in China but one I shared the very long LOA wait together so it's super sweet to be here together. I love how God works those details out.

This is us right before lunch.  Right about when I felt like I couldn't breathe I was so nervous.

 This is me making a wise decision to NOT order this for lunch. I was so nervous.

This is us on our drive through the city, holding hands and praying silently on a van with 2 other precious adoptive families.  

This is the sign God have me on the way- a light at the end of the tunnel.

This is the magic moment.  We came off the elevator walked down a dark, short hallway and turned the corner.  He was sitting on a couch, by himself.  The adults who brought him were standing behind him.  There was no handing him over...just me crying as we walked as a family straight over to him.  He was very stoic and did not show any emotion as I picked him up.  He sat contently on my lap and then with Brad.  Our guide had started translating for another family so we had about 20 minutes of us holding him and talking to him.  Then the Director of the orphanage answered our questions about his daily routine, personality, and other basic information.  He did not know many of the answers so he would either defer to a female that was with him or just gave a generic answer.  We did video this part (Thank you Rushton for the great advice) since it was so hard to concentrate while wanting to focus on James.  
 Picture with the orphanage director.

Then our guide helped the third family and then we left.  The other two boys cried a little but James was very calm.  He looked around but never made a peep.  Then as we walked outside and a car drove by he said a word over and over several times.  I got so excited I called Michael, our guide, and he said he was saying the baby word for car.
So we talked about cars all the way back   to the hotel.  :) By the way, can you see the joy and relief in my face??  I physically felt it as soon as he was in my arms.  Amazing!!

This is us...in love.

Sweet, scared, and stoic.  Also, he was about 180 degrees in his precious, pink, quilted outfit.  Maybe 210.

This is us watching a miracle unfold.  I cannot tell you what an answered prayer this day has been.  I don't know what tomorrow may bring but I know that today was a direct and complete answer to prayer.  
He warmed up and he then he played, smiled, and cuddled. 

He has a long way to go but has already surpassed our expectations. 

He is beautiful, he is healthy, and he is ours.

He is quiet and funny.  He loves to watch his big sisters and has reached for me several times.  He has the MOST precious bashful smile- it melts my heart and makes me laugh out loud.  Brad is so smitten with his son and I can already see their bond forming.

I couldn't have asked for a more blessed day.  We are so thankful.  He is so perfect.

Thank you so much for your prayers!  They were answered and we are so truly thankful. So truly thankful!

'Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father...'
-James 1:17

11 comments:

Brad, Amy, Bes and Mae said...

Tears of joy sweet friend. He is perfect and y'all are perfect for him.

April said...

So precious.

Becky Crabtree said...

I can barely contain myself. What a Gift from God! Your sweet boy is finally with his family. Much love- Becky, Jeff, and Kate

Unknown said...

Crying while reading this! - don't even know you but can imagine every emotion as you write about it! Blessings to you and your sweet family!

Meredith F Middlebrooks said...

I am so happy for you and so thankful that he gets to join your beautiful family. What a miracle for all of you!

Jenny Ruth said...

I am sitting in our bedroom floor with tears of joy running down my face. God's faithfulness and goodness is overwhelming! So thankful James is in finally with you all. He just has no idea what kind of WONDERFUL family he has just been brought into. We love you all...JR & Larkin.

Anonymous said...

Reading this gave me goosebumps of excitement. He is absolutely precious. So excited for you! Love you all!
Amy R

Tonda Thomas said...

Just so thrilled for your family... what a long wait this has been. Thanks so much for sharing your walk of faith AND the photos of sweet baby James!

Anonymous said...

Tears of joy! Overwhelmed with joy for all of you! God is good and he is faithful! Can't wait to meet him in person!We love you all!
Andy, Michelle, and Andrew

Anonymous said...

What a precious boy. Our Lord is faithful. So happy for your family.

"I will not leave you as orphans. I will come to you."
John 14:18

Janet Reed said...

Carroll Lane This is Janet Reed and i just want u to know that I am so very happy for u and your family. He will be in good hands with u, because while I was cleaning your house I just loved how u loved and cared for your girls. You are a good mother. I wish yal nothing but the best,I also miss you. I miss that sweet little laugh. May God bless yal. Love and miss u, Janet