Oh what a day! I mean two...or one and a half...it feels like three and a half! We are officially in China! After three flights with a lay over in Seoul Korea, we are here. We had an easy time through immigration and customs and were quickly greeted by our driver. Beijing is much prettier than I imagined with so many trees! It was a little smoggy this morning but cleared up into a gorgeous day! After we checked in our hotel and showered, we met our guide, Jack, and began our Beijing tour. No rest for the weary in this bunch!First stop...Lunch
Jack took us to eat Chinese for lunch and we enjoyed every bit. It was so much better than airplane or airport food.
Second stop...Forbidden City
(Many many people wanted their picture made with the girls- forget the amazing ancient architecture when you have precious Americans)
We loved it! It was enormous, gorgeous, and incredible to think it was built nearly 600 years ago.
Next stop...The Pearl Market
The girls got to 'go fishing' for a fresh water oyster and see how many were in there. We all guessed but were all wrong - surprisingly there were about 20.
After this we could barely see straight we were so tired. The girls have been real troopers! So it's 7 pm here and I'm typing this in the dark- we are all in bed! Me! In bed! At 7pm! But we've got another big day tomorrow- can't wait!









1 comment:
I just got on and I couldn't be more excited for you all. I am so glad it went well getting there and that you are up and going now! I am so blessed to finally be able to get on a computer and shae each day with you. Thank you so much! Brad looks like he had a plate full - glad it was good. I have been passing out your itinirary to all those I know would value it. I love you so much. Prayers and my love. yaya
Post a Comment