Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Love and Happiness

This is about to be joy overload. Ready?


Can you stand it?  I mean, can you feel the happiness exuding from that smile?

He woke up a little scared- no tears, just serious, studying eyes and lots of deep breaths - I think to keep te tears from coming.  But once we got his cars and stacking cups out, he was so happy.

Genius I tell ya.

He handed out smiles a bit more generously today.  We still have to work for them though.

Which makes them that muh sweeter when we do get one.

We played all morning and then eases out for lunch.



We got him a stroller which I'm sure will be handy...

But I really loved carrying him around too.

I don't think he minded it either. :)

I forgot how good it feels to have your baby fall asleep in your arms for the first time.

Today was a very important day.  We returned to the same building we went to yesterday and had our official adoption ceremony.  He is officially legally our son!
It was very special although very short.  He did great even though he had no idea how special this moment was.  We took lots of pictures with our good camera and video too.  He's really really really ours.

More play time.  He's very serious about his cars.

He also loves for me to swing him up in the air.  He explodes into the cutest giggles.

And then I get a great hug.

He stands only occasionally on his own.  Exercise has not been a part of his daily life this far.  But watch out, I'm pretty sure this big guy may be a super star on the court one day. :)

Big laughs with Dada.




So I may have found my Christmas card picture...

Ok, not really but it's really cute.  Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have pictures like these just 24 hours after having him.  He is showing so much progress in so many areas that I can only imagine what the next few months will bring.  He is so brave, so sweet, and has so much personality.  He is also still very cautious and gets overwhelmed when we are out for too long or around too much.  

A change to our schedule, we are going to visit his orphanage tomorrow morning instead of Thursday.  Please pray as this will be another long travel day for us all.  It's between 3-4 hours one way.  Also, please pray for peace for James as he goes back one last time.  Pray for Brad, the girls and I to be able to share peace, joy, and love to the ther children there.  This is our only chance to see where he has lived his short, precious life and to be able to share it with him one day.  So thankful the girls are with us so that they can experience it and understand this piece of their brother's story a tiny bit more.  Being two, He most likely won't remember his orphanage but one day, they can tell him a little about it.  Thank you for your prayers.  Again, we are amazed and so truly blessed to be basking in this joy.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's adorable. Can't wait to meet him! Enjoy the rest of your time there and safe travels home. - Craig

Lesley Newell said...

Oh my goodness! Those pictures are adorable!! I am so happy to see him happy and playing and loving, and sleeping on you!!

I truly appreciate you continuing to blog during this journey Carroll Lane. I know it's something you enjoy doing to log your memories while they are fresh; however, time consuming with all your precious babies, husband, and much needed rest :) it truly is a precious gift to be able to keep up with this incredible, God-driven journey! I love, love it!

Thank you and I will continue to pray for the trip you all will be taking to the orphanage and for peace and comfort to surround you all!

I love you all very, very much!

Mary Louis Quinn said...

I am sitting here bawling my eyes out as I catch up on your blog! Praying that the rest of your trip goes smoothly! I know you will be glad to get back home and start your life as a family of 5!

Anonymous said...

You can see the joy on all your faces! Loving every update! Miss you like crazy! I cant wait to see all of you! Continuing to pray! Love you!