Monday, September 28, 2009

Life without PJ

It has been a bit of a sad day here.
Princess Jumper has died.

It was sudden and sad...she was fine yesterday and very sick this morning.
No details here but I knew when I saw her that it wouldn't be long.
So I told Lillianna when I picked her up from school that she was sick and might not make it.
"She might not make it forever?" was her response.
So her very first pet did not make it forever.

She was precious and brave about it all...crying a little for a moment then changing gears suddenly and completely. Just like a 4 year old should. Her sweet Daddy did all the dirty work and buried her...and surprised us with a precious marker as well.
Then we all stood by it, the girls dropped flowers, then Ellenie picked them back up, we talked about how pink her ears were and how cute she was when she did that funny flip thing. Oh Princess Jumper, thank you for a very short but sweet time with our family.

2 comments:

Marianna said...

It is so hard to loose a pet. Lillianna is such a brave girl for handling it so well.

iMollie said...

i'm so sorry to hear about princess jumper...