Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thelma & Louise

It usually goes something like this:
Lillianna has a particular page of stickers, a certain pink pencil, or a specific blue block
and suddenly, because her big sister is holding it, Ellenie HAS TO HAVE IT.
So, she takes it in one swift motion which causes Lillianna to scream. Then if the screaming has not satisfied her anger or if I am not in the room, she usually pushes or hits Ellenie. It's terrible as a mother to witness all of this and I would be more worried about the whole scenario except that I remember with great detail how many times I found myself in one of these roles with either my older or younger sister.
So, Lillianna is sent to timeout...always crying that she has gotten in trouble.
Well, it really makes me feel better to watch this next part...
Recently, it has really started to bother Ellenie when La La is crying. She walks over and talks gibberish to her or pats her face, both of which make Lillianna start laughing. On this morning, Ellenie was feeling exceptionally empathetic and wanted to share the timeout experience with her sister. The whole episode lasts about 4 minutes and all before 8 am.
It really is an emotional roller coaster around here.

No comments: