One year (and a couple of weeks) ago...
Ellenie's first birthday fell on moving day so we had a celebration the night before the movers came with our precious neighbors The Adams and The Hales, our dear friends Mike and Donna, and good ol' Dandy and Wil. It might not have been grand in scale but it was grand in love.
E: Uh, Mom & Dad, I really think you ought to think about what you're asking me to do.
A spoon full of sugar...
Ellenie, you are a true delight to me and your daddy. You make us smile a hundred times everyday. We are absolutely in love with you and your blossoming personality, heart, and soul.
For the first half of your life so far, you were quiet, content, and as they say...laid back. Then one day, you sat up and decided it was time to get busy in this life. Truly, two days after you sat up on your own, you leaned forward and start crawling. You have been busy being big ever since.
E: Now this is fun!
In the end, icing covered Ellenie's ears, hands, hair, face, and neck. She squealed in delight when I took off her clothes to change her, so she spent the rest of the evening just how she wanted.A couple of days later, on her birthday, we woke up for the first time in our new, empty home.
The truck arrived several hours later and so we had a Move-In Birthday Party.
E: It's my birthday. I'm gonna party like it's my birthday.
E: It's my birthday. I'm gonna party like it's my birthday.
E: Sis, since it's my birthday, I'm in charge!
L: Uh, does that mean I have to change your diaper?
We celebrated her birthday the way every one year old wants...at the local Mexican restaurant!Or atleast the way this one year old's mother wanted.
Ellenie, you are overwhelmed with curiosity, bravery, and happiness. You love music and have just discovered how much fun re-reading one book 12 times in a row can be. But you really only love books about animals. You do not love to eat. You love to make funny faces and love to cuddle all day with your blankie. You love to be outside. You love your family and it has been a gift to me to watch you fall in love with your Daddy all over again since moving to Columbus. Your sister makes you laugh so hard and also makes you so aggravated. That's the wonderful thing about having a sister. Your sister is so gentle and loving with you 92% of the time. The other 8% she really wears you out. But you are tough and often give it right back to her. You have been such a joy. I can't wait to see your beautiful face each morning. You have made me a better mother. Thank you sweet child for making my life more blessed.
I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment