Tuesday, March 18, 2008

#1 and #2

Recently, I have been having dreams about poop.



yep, poop.
I can't imagine why other than it's the word most said in our house right now...

except for pee pee.

We've been potty-training for over a week now. I have a whole new understanding for why someone decided to call it "training." We're training for the long haul. This is no sprint race. This is a martahon that we've just started. That's what it feels like as I strip another pair of Dora painties off and throw them into the washing machine.



Lillianna has been running around the house in her long sleeve shirt, no pants, colored socks get-up and doesn't seem to mind. Actually she is doing a great job. 218 M&Ms, 2 trains, 68 jelly beans, 22 Special juices, 36 Skittles, 2 pieces of gum, and 3 books later...She is really starting to get the hang of it.

Yesterday we camped out again to make progress on #2.



Ellenie gave the pep talk that finally did the trick!

Lillianna then got ANOTHER prize...

A Thomas the Train Conductor's hat of her very own. sorry no pic.


(After an accident, in her robe, sitting on a towel because why waste another pair of clean, dry undies and pants this close to bed time?)


I can't think of a comparable parenting experience thus far. A complete mix of emotions - pride, frustration, sympathy, grossed-outness - all rolled into one. I can't believe I just wrote that sentence about pee-peeing and pooping. But I did...because it's true.

And it's all worth it.

No comments: