I had been following Ellenie around all morning.
We were on a hunt to find and take a picture of items starting with each letter of the alaphabet
to make her very own ABC book.
We were looking at the nest (N for nest) a neighbor had brought over with one complete robin egg.
The whole nest had been blown out of a tree in a recent storm.
Ellenie had been so good about just looking at, not touching, the perfect little egg so we could be sure to show it to La La when she got home from school.
We have been talking alot about eggs and baby birds because of the three nests in our own yard.
I turned my head to look at a passing car and....
crack! Curiosity killed the cat perfect egg.
I could tell that instantly she was shocked it had broken and that she felt bad for breaking it.
What I wasn't expecting was how shocked (and mad) she really was.
She kept saying over and over,
"There is no baby bird in there! There is just an egg in there!
You said that was a baby bird egg! But that is just an egg egg!
4 comments:
that expression is PRICELESS!
I loved being your Mommy better than PEANUT BUTTER and JELLY!
I loved being your Mommy better than PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY!
I love two (2) x more than I love Peanut Butter and Jelly - that is why I sent it twice. Hugs and kisses to you and all.
Post a Comment