Thursday, April 23, 2009

Things I don't want to forget...


Lillianna asks questions all day long right now:
Why do we fold sunglasses?
Why is this sidewalk made out of bricks?
Why do frogs eat bugs?
But her favorite and most frequent question: Is this good for me?
"This" is ANYTHING and EVERYTHING edible.
She only wants to eat food that "will make my bones grow so I can be strong and tall."

She looks at me like I'm crazy when I give her potato chips.


She has mastered several of the funny voices and accents that Brad and I often speak in around the house. I didn't realize it until recently when she has used them out in public, in front of people who don't know her and ask me, "what'd she say?" with a face that says, "was she just speaking in a british accent on purpose?



Ellenie is eating a little better. We can add grapes, strawberries (sometimes), peeled apple, and

POPCORN!

She loves for me to just mention the word. Then she stands in front of the microwave and whines and fake cries while waiting for it to "OP, OP, OP". But like many in my family, the popcorn is only the vehicle for consuming LOTS of parmesean cheese. As seen here.


Ellenie answers to many names.
Pee Pie, Elles Bo Belles, One Shoe, One Shoe Willie, Rascally Rabbit, Ellenie Bo Bellenie, Sweet Girl, Sweetie Pie.
There is one name that she is so proud to be able to say...and it's not her own.
It's what she calls her big sister: LaLa.
She says LaLa ALL day long.



Together, these two fill my days. Truly, FILL my days.
With all sugar...
and spice.

No comments: