There was a moment today when I let myself get so frustrated. So frustrated that I couldn't get anything done.
That's what I kept telling myself, "Ahhhhh. Why won't Ellenie go to sleep or atleast be content for one minute so I can fold that silly laundry, finally unload the stupid dishwasher, or atleast make those two phone calls. I can't get anything done!"

And then the moment passed. I finally got sweet Ellenie to sleep. I finally got those ridiculous things done. And then I was frustrated at myself for being frustrated.
I know how quickly this precious age passes. I know how fast these little girls will grow up and how badly I'll miss this time.
I know one day I'll think back and wish I could have an hour and a half where I had to hold, rock, sway, or bounce my (crying) babies to sleep. I'll miss the funny things Lillianna said as we peer into her (stinky) potty or how sweet it is to read (the same) books to her everyday.
I wish that thought was enough to pull me out of that frustrating moment. And I know I'm not the only mom having them so I don't feel crazy. Crazy would be what my house and life would be like if I didn't worry about those little things that have to get done.

Just like a little funny moment tonight when I pulled a pair of pajamas out of Lillianna's drawer to put on after her bath. As I pulled them on her first leg, I spotted a large brown smear. "It looks like chocolate. Have you been eating chocolate for breakfast?" I asked jokingly. "It looks like poop." Lillianna said. (It passed the smell test and seems to be peanut butter.)
In rushing around this morning during a 4 minute stint where Ellenie was content on the floor and Lillianna was engrossed in Dora, I had a armful of stuff to put away. I had seen the spot but accidentally put those dirty pajamas back in her drawer instead of the hamper.

Everyday is so yummy with these two. So full of sweet moments, funny instants, and unforgettable times. Yet they are also full of some very long minutes I'd like to forget.
I guess it's those yucky, frustrating moments that make the good ones that much sweeter, brighter, lovelier...all around so very very worth it.
4 comments:
And now you are beginning to under-
stand, precious daughter, how I have felt throughout my life as I watched my precious children grow, and learn, and leave the nest.... and there will never be a time when you will not want to pull them to your lap and hold and hug them. A mommy is always a mommy.
The pictures are wonderful.... Both girls look like they have grown since last week. I want the "swoop" back!
Thanks for being real CLC! A great reminder to me...to let the little things go more often and cherish the time I have when she is this little!!
How I wish I could keep her this size forever!
You're so good at this!! I've just spent over an hour reading the archived sections of your blog!! I could easily spend the rest of the evening here! :) Soooooooo looking forward to connecting with you soon!!! Thank you for your transparency!!
Katie B
Post a Comment