Thursday, June 26, 2008

Violet, you're turning violet!

Last week we had a fun, new adventure...we picked blueberries!
Being the end of June, it was a lovely (read HOT) morning and everyone was excited.

We're going on a bear(y) hunt!
And she's off!
Lillianna ate the first few dozen she picked until I remembered to explain that we were here to pick them and take them home to eat. They were so yummy it was hard not to eat them.

You been pickin' long?

Nah, You?


Abby was snacking on some goldfish and supervising the others.

Sam got right to work picking the best of the bunch!


Bibby shows off her loot.

It was a really fun activity and made us a little more thoughtful about where our food comes from, how much we take for granted, and how much more you appreciate something when you work for it.

Lillianna: See Mom, you don't want to pick green ones like this. Only the big blue ones for me please!

Ellenie: YAWN. You'd think they could do this a little faster.

Virginia: I know I sure could if I could figure out how to unsnap all these buckles.

In the end, Lillianna had about three times this amount and I filled up another bucket. All for $11! What a deal and what a treat! We have enjoyed them on cereal, as a snack, in smoothies and put some in the freezer. We also loaded some up in tupperware, then Lillianna packed them in her doll stroller and delivered them to several neighbors.


No comments: