She has truly exceeded our expectations of how sweet, gentle, and considerate she is to Ellenie.
Now that doesn't mean she's perfect. But close.
Every morning when I go into Lillianna's room to get her, she asks,"Can Ellenie lay here on my pillow?"
And whenever we talk about the next activity we're going to do like, "Okay, let's get our shoes on and go downstairs and play." Lillianna always reminds me to bring Ellenie. "Let's bring Ellenie downstairs Mom." or "Ellenie wants to play with Thomas the train too."
And whenever we talk about the next activity we're going to do like, "Okay, let's get our shoes on and go downstairs and play." Lillianna always reminds me to bring Ellenie. "Let's bring Ellenie downstairs Mom." or "Ellenie wants to play with Thomas the train too."
She also wants to share with her little sister. She shares her toys, her blankie, and even her Mom. I'm amazed at how easily Lillianna has transitioned into sharing us with Ellenie. She often tells us to "kiss her cheek. Now kiss her head, like this." or "Mom, can you pick her up please" or "Daddy, say 'Agoo' to her." She loves for us to love Ellenie and that makes me so proud of my sweet little girl.
Sometimes she shares too much...
"Here you go Ellenie. Have some of my marbles." or "Ellenie wants my cheese crackers too Mom."
Her favorite question ( 22 times a day) is, "Can I look at Ellenie?" And she gets VERY close to her and smiles ...and pokes. We always remind her that we can touch, not poke, and that we never touch eyes. So far, Ellenie still has vision in both so I guess it's working. I know the blessing of having sisters. There is nothing in the world like it.
It makes me so happy to know my little girls will know it too.
4 comments:
What a sweet post. I'm so impressed my Lillianna's insight into the world of siblings!
Awesome post! We are happy that Ellenie has such a special big sister!
That is sooooo sweet, Carroll Lane... I love this Best Big Sis scenario. I have seen the gentleness in Lillianna... even with a leaf or a bug... Ellenie will love her so much for being that way. Thank you once again for sharing. Love to all the Parsons - I miss you all.
MaMa ellie
How great is that, I love this post. Lillianna is such a good big sister. God just has it all worked out, His timing is so great!!! Sorry we did not get to visit much this a.m. See you soon!
Post a Comment