Thursday, June 23, 2011

Polly Wolly had a Frog

Ready for something SuPeR DuPeR CoOl?
Cool beyond cool?
And cuter than cute?!



Those are two of the most incredibly TINY frogs ever!
And all their little brothers and sisters swimming around them!

We collected 20 something tadpoles out of a tiny pond
(aka rainwater collected in a tire rut)
and nurtured them to frogs.

Can you tell we were excited?!

I think I should be most excited and most proud of our tiniest pets yet.
You know, because I was the one who made sure they had fresh spring water every other day,
 made sure they enjoyed their feasts of boiled spinach,
and even removed all their yucky poop from the tank
 (a must incording to pollywogsworldoffrogs.com)
 with a nasal bulb!!
So yeah, I was pretty excited to see those tiny babies grow before my very eyes.

Here they are on Day 2:
Just kidding!

(Different day, different frog)

3 comments:

Brad, Amy, Bes and Mae said...

Bunnies and birds and tadpoles, oh my!... you amaze me... I'd a oohed and aahed over them, then left those bad boys in the tire rut. You are teaching your girls to be such animalitarians. =)

Anonymous said...

wHAT A TREAT TO SEE "MY grandBABIES" as they enjoy the wonders their MaMa helps provide...as she brings more and different babies into their lives!
I was soooo glad to have a new posting and appreciate it more than you know....will see you soon.

Allison said...

Hey Caroll Lane! I've loved checking in on your blog and your precious girls!

I could use some advice on tadpoles, though. A friend found some in their backyard fountain and we brought one home in a cup today. He's currently in a large flower vase with some rocks and original water. That site you linked is a bit hard to navigate...can you just send me the basic info on how you took care of them? Was your "spring water" bottled water? I just hope ours lasts the night...but maybe longer!

allisonredd at gmail dot com