Friday, January 07, 2011

"I'm brwee years old"

This past year...

January and February:

March & April:


May & June:


July:


August:


September & October:


November:


December:
 My sweet Ellenie Lane, you are so beautiful...inside and out.
You are our little ham, our comedian, our entertainer.  It makes you so happy to make us laugh.
You still LOVE to dance, love to sing, and love to make funny faces.
Your giggle is precious but when you laugh really hard it is absolutely contagious.
I love watching your imagination at work - you love to be a very busy Mommy to your babies, love to run errands with your grocery cart, love to get work done in your "office".  In these modes, you often talk to yourself or your babies in your own jibberish, I mean "Spanish" as you call it.
Lately, you have become very demanding and bossy and I often have to remind you that I'm your Mommy.
And even though I know it's just a phase, I like to think that this bossiness is just a glimpse of the beautiful self-confidence you'll one day exude.
You still love make-up and all things princess.
  You gave up your paci this past year...in exchange for a set of 7 tubes of Princess makeup.
Your favorite color is blue and you love your long hair.
You still love to be held by me or your Daddy and you give the best hugs and sweetest kisses ever.
I am so proud of how kind, smart, creative, spunky and loving you are.



What gives me the greatest joy is seeing you and your big sister together.
You two are incredibly thoughtful, so loving, and just precious together most of the time.
You wake up singing to eachother and go to sleep talking and giggling.
You hold hands when you walk and even keep eachother company when one is going to bathroom!
Lately though, you have learned how to really push her buttons (as most little sisters do) and nothing makes you more upset than when she hurts your feelings.
But..as quick as it started, its over and you two go back to being best friends.
I just love how much you mean to eachother.


Three years ago today, you were born.
And....about an hour later, your buddy was born in the room next door. 

I can't believe Virginia is 3 too!  Happy Birthday!!


Like most Moms, I can't believe how fast these past three years have sped by.
Yet when I think back on how much you've grown, how much we've done, how wonderfully full each day with you has been...I feel overwhelmingly blessed.

You are such a blessing to me Ellenie!  I love you sooooooo much!

HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY!

2 comments:

Jenny Ruth said...

What a wonderful post...Happy Birthday, Ellenie!!
Love and miss you guys more than you know!

Jennie-Marie said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl!!! We love you and miss you!