This morning I took the girls to school. Week 4.
Miss L goes four mornings a week and Miss E goes just two.
Lillianna likes it. She has made a few friends and her teacher reassures me that she's doing fine.
Ellenie is another story.
In her words from this morning, "I don't want to go to school. I don't like it none at all."
I can handle the sadness and the fits. It's hard but I know it will pass with time.
I just wasn't expecting it with Ellenie.
This whole last year she loved to talk about going to school, loved going into LaLa's classroom and so I thought she would be different from her big sister. Lillianna had been so shy at two that I had expected her to have a hard time at school. Because Ellenie is so much more gregarious than L at that age, I had expected her to be excited about school. But when her first day came, her excitement declined with each passing minute. She was ok for the picture with LaLa outside the apartment...she was still dry eyed when we walked into the school...and even ran into her classroom and started playing with this truck. Then, when LaLa and I waved goodbye and started for the door, it was a whole new ballgame. A whole new Ellenie.
My little girl learned she could throw a fit with the best of them and she has been ever since.
This is the sad picture I took after coming back to check and make sure she was ok.
She was and though it looks like she's looking at me, she wasn't. I actually think she's glaring at the teacher standing by the door, scheming how to get past her and back to her Mommy.
It's heartbreaking right now to see Ellenie so upset.
She wakes up every morning and asks if she has to go to school that day.
I DREAD the days when I have to answer her honestly with a yes.
This too shall pass.
No comments:
Post a Comment