Dear Lillianna,
I can't believe you are FIVE!
Recently, the thought of how fast you and Ellenie are growing up makes my chest tighten, tears come to my eyes, and a panic rise up in my heart. Then, I look at these pictures or recall my favorite memories and remember that it has been five VERY FULL years.
Five years
Full of laughter and full of learning
Full of sweet, sweet, sweet moments
Full of hugs and kisses...
and tantrums and time-outs
Full of walks and treasure hunting
Full of tea parties and hand-holding
Full of naps and bed time stories and singing songs.
Five years...
Full of loving more than I knew was possible.
Full of watching you grow and grow and grow
Full of bursting with pride and drowning in humility
Full of realizing I know very little and yet learning so much
Five years...
Full of princesses, pink, and pretty, fancy things.
Full of cupcakes, cookies, and "special treats"
Full of old friends, new friends, and precious memories with both.
Five years...
Full of incredible, beautiful, amazing
YOU!
I love you sweet girl and couldn't be more proud of you!
You are a gift every single day.
Love,
Mama





1 comment:
Oh Carroll Lane...you have me crying! Such precious pictures...and such a precious letter you have written. I am with you on the chest tightening thing...tears well up when I think about Macy being 8 and Lucy amost 5...but you are so right...the years have been so very full, and that gets me over the tears. I just look in amazement at them each and every day.
So glad I got to spend a day with you before ya'll left. It meant so much to me to share some craftiness...you mastered a fabric flower for sure!!
Much love,
Shannon
Post a Comment