Thursday, November 05, 2009

Playing hookey

This year, Lillianna goes to school five days a week. Five days!
Only for three hours in the morning...and she loves it...but I miss her.
So today she stayed home.
We soaked in the gorgeous weather and enjoyed our morning together.


We looked for the little things {in life} all day... like fallen ladybugs among the tiny pebbles.



We LAUGHED!
These two really had fun being together. They usually do.


In fact, most mornings Ellenie still cries or whimpers when we drop La La off at school.
Then about an hour before we pick her up,
she starts repeating, "I want La La. I want go La La school."
And as soon as Lillianna gets in the car, she starts handing all her artwork and worksheets to Ellenie, explaining each one and telling us about her day. They are both so happy to be together.


Lillianna is a wonderful big sister...proud, protective, patient.
Ellenie is a great little sis...proud, pesty, and incredibly in awe of "La La"
Lillianna is silly, quirky, sensitive and loves to laugh.
Ellenie is silly, funny, cuddly, and loves to make her sister laugh.
They are perfect for eachother.


It was a great morning, an uneventful afternoon, and a really super evening.
I wish I could have bottled the whole day up -
the perfect weather, the girls giggles, the smell of pumpkin cupcakes {we love them!}, the colorful leaves, all the love I'm feeling - so I could savor it all again.

No comments: