Monday, July 06, 2009

Freedom Fest 2009


Doesn't this just scream Norman Rockwell?
Precious little girl excited at the small town, 4th of July parade. So sweet, so patriotic...
if I do say so myself.


I hadn't ever taken my girls to my hometown for the big Freedom Fest. We had so much fun!
A great parade, street festival, barbecue contest, live bands plus LOTS of GREAT time with family!


One of the best parts was spending time with this guy! Sweet Connor is getting bigger every time I see him and he giggles more and more too. I wonder what he is laughing about here?


Oh I see! A guy in a funny hat in miniature, funny looking race car...that is funny Connor!


This makes me laugh too:
Lillianna taking her flag waving WAY seriously...
Ellenie...mmm...not so into it.

Love the sweet random things of a small town...like a giant white pig on a street corner with a tiny post-it that said,"Paint Me."

Another great thing about my hometown of Murray, KY is that it's on Kentucky Lake.
A great first to observe...my girls first time in the lake I spent so much of my childhood in.

On Aunt Kitty Cat's boat, Ellenie FINALLY accepted her fate of having to wear the life jacket while on board. It seemed once she had the matching sunglasses, she felt much better.


After a great weekend, Captain Lillianna drove us off into the sunset.

What a wonderful weekend celebrating our wonderful country!

1 comment:

Carrie Jones said...

what beautiful children Carroll Lane...I was sad to hear that you had moved and we had not kept in touch. Hope you and yours are well!
xoxoxo