Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pick a peck of pickled peppers

So we had a little painting lesson the other night.
Man, do I have some talented friends!
Rickie Higgins, local artist extrodinaire, (http://www.rickiehigginsart.com/)
taught us a little about painting with oils.
We had so much fun!
We all had the same subject: a picture of a red bell pepper.
He painted first, talking and explaining all FIFTEEN minutes that it took him to create this:
Then it was our turn and 2 hours later we all (proudly) created these masterpieces!





I had a ball! Hope we can do it again soon!
Thanks for making it so much fun!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Carroll lane, I am so impressed - they are each beautiful and yet, so different. Was the canvas a 16x20? I couldn't tell. I am so happy that you were able to do this with your friends and Rickey. What a treat - I would have loved to have been there. I love you sooooo much and am praying for you all every minute. MaMa

Jess said...

ya'll did a great job. Sorry I was not able to be there. Mine would have been a joke if I had been able to come.

Allison said...

Awesome! It makes me want to take another oil painting class--I so enjoyed taking one with a friend a few years ago. How'd you get an artist to come to your house? That's so cool!

The fall weather has me inspired to paint. Perhaps I'll do a food series...an eggplant, a pepper, a pear...mmmm. I'm getting hungry, too, just looking at all those beautiful peppers! And I love your style-- it was my instant favorite and then I noticed your initials. All of them are so unique!

carroll lane said...

Thanks Mom! Jess, we missed you so much and you would have been GREAT! Allison, so good to hear from you...the artist is a local teacher and great artist who offers classes and was willing to come to us. Hope you are well - I love keeping up with you on your blog! clp

Erin Stephenson said...

Why am I not surprised that yours is FABULOUS? I love the purple background. :)