Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Who is this?

almost.....

almost.....

got it.


So as you can see, she looks like the same adorable little girl on the outside. But on the inside, something has changed. At first, I couldn't put my finger on it but over the last few days Brad and I have found ourselves saying, "who is this little girl?"
First, she walked right over to a little boy in a public place, waved her hand three inches from his face and said, "hi"
Then, she waved to everyone in the grocery store and answered one, if not two, questions to perfect strangers.
I really couldn't believe when she did NOT cry, whimper yes, but did not cry at the doctor's office for the first time in her short little life. And after he was done and backed away from her, she ran around the room, smiling, being silly, and offered him her stuffed elephant.
He said himself, "I never thought I would see her like this."
So, needless to say, we are very excited that she is coming out of her shell, sharing her adorable spirit with others, and showing the world what she has to offer.
But...
Along with these have come:
- Sudden urges to climb on furniture she has never even seemed to notice was there.
-Put things in her mouth! Even as a little baby she didn't do this but now she has her fingers, paper, and most shockingly, a painted styrofoam ball that she made into a spider at school. Just bit right into it.
-Scream and yell for no reason. Just a good ol' RAARRARARRRRHHHHRRAAAAH when she feels like it.
And I'm not the only one who has noticed this sudden change. Today, her teachers both commented that they had never seen her act the way she was today. Since they didn't have school on Monday, they said they couldn't believe how much she had changed. They said she even got in trouble for "being too loud" and for fighting with Bibby (not that new).
Maybe it's the time change or the cold medicine she's been taking the past week.
What I really think is Lillianna has just discovered how much fun it is to be two and that she really does have big plans for living a BIG life. All I can say is...I can't wait to be a part of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I am thankful to be a part of this special little life also. YAAAAAAAAAH, Lillianna!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Each time my screen closes - there she is - Lillianna with the Pan on her head..... All I can think of when I see it is - You can see it in her eyes - that self-assured, "what can I do next". "hey,look at me" gaze that is piercing. I saw a little of it in the peanut butter picture - but this is for real - and she is moving on! I Love it!!!! YaYa

Marianna said...

Go Lillianna....you have lots of things to teach that new baby sister of yours! I'm excited about Jan. 7th!!